Aiming to improve the employability of engineering graduates, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has decided to make three internships of 4-8 weeks duration mandatory for undergraduate students.
The apex regulatory body has also put the responsibility on the institutions for helping the students find suitable industries or organisations for the internship.
The decision was taken at the recent council meeting where it was discussed that out of the 7-8 lakh graduates passing out from engineering colleges each year, only one-third are employable and just 50 per cent join in their core areas of study.
During the meeting, for which technical education secretaries of various states were invited as special invitees, it was decided to attain five benchmarks: improving employability by imparting required skills and making students industry-ready; increase percentage of students being place from the current 40% to 60%; increase the percentage of programmes accredited from 15% to 50%; ensure that at least 75% of the students participate in summer internships; and build capacities of technical institutions so that they can deliver these objectives.
The council also made it mandatory for teachers to undergo an annual refresher course delivered through SWAYAM portal. Participation of at least 50% of the faculty in the course would be mandatory for approval of the institution. Similarly, there would be leadership training for the heads of the institutions once every two years.
Also, every student, on admission, would be put through a mandatory induction training to reinforce the fundamental concepts and the required language skills for technical education.
Five benchmarks for Internship in Engineering
1. Improve employability of the students by imparting required skills and making them industry-ready
2. Increase percentage of students being place from the current 40% to 60%
3. Increase percentage of programmes accredited from 15% to 50%
4. Ensure that at least 75% of the students participate in summer internships
5. Build capacities of the technical institutions to deliver the objectives
How to Get Sure Internship with Certificate which is valid Globally
This is a really important question now for all the engineering students. You have to have skills before getting internship and for the same, we are dedicated IIT graduates are giving you this opportunity. Complete 2 course with us and get sure internship with certificates which will be valid on global level. Enroll in Eckovation course today and ensure your internship. For first 500 seats we are giving 20% discount. This is how you can enroll:
Step 1:- Download Eckovation App
Step 2:- Join Group Code: 257193
Step 3:- Subscribe the course from the quiz tab
10 Important Courses for Internship which are live. Choose the ones which are best suited to you:
For every program, you need to devote 60-90 minutes everyday
- C Programming Course (4 weeks) Click Here if Interested
- JAVA Programming Course (6 weeks) Click Here if Interested
- Python Course (2 months) Click Here if Interested
- Start Up Course ( 4 weeks) Click Here if Interested
- Android Development Course (8 weeks) Click Here if Interested
- Web Development Course (4 weeks) Click Here if Interested
- SolidWorks Training ( 8 weeks) Click Here if Interested
- Social Media Marketing Course (6 weeks) Click Here if Interested
- MATLAB Course (2 Months) Click Here if Interested
- Design Course (2 Months) Click Here if Interested