Good mentors and teachers are important for success in any competitive exam, and so are the books you refer to. A book can be an amazing mentor and guide to success. Now a days, there are a lot of books in the market and it becomes very confusing to choose the right ones. Due to lack of proper guidance some students buy the junk books that are not that great and spend more money than required.
So what are exactly the right books for Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics?
List of books which helped thousands of students to clear the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced:
- Chemistry 11th and 12th by NCERT : A very crucial book from examinations point of view, be it JEE, School or Medical exams. This book provides the basic knowledge and concepts required to fully understand Chemistry. A must read for inorganic chemistry, as some questions are directly asked from the book.
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon : This book covers the entire Physical Chemistry syllabus including Atomic Structure, Radioactivity and Nuclear Transformation and Stoichiometry. The OP Tandon Chemistry book has both theoretical and numerical problems. Which make it a must-have for all those who are preparing for JEE advanced examinations
- Modern approach to chemical calculations by RC Mukherjee : One of the best books for Physical Chemistry for practicing questions. Contains a variety of solved and unsolved questions to boost up your understanding of concepts.
- Organic Chemistry by Solomons & Fryhle : This is one of the most important books from JEE preparation point of view. Each and every topic is approached in such a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry for JEE by J.D. Lee: The explanation of fundamental concepts is simple and straightforward, offering a right blend of theory and applications.
- Maths 11th and 12th by RD Sharma : One of the best books for beginners. It includes the exercises covering the entire syllabus of Mathematics pertaining to JEE or other exams.
- Tata-McgrawHill for JEE Mathematics : A comprehensive book for students preparing for engineering entrance examinations. It consists of several solved and unsolved problems for thorough revision and final practice.
- Plane Coordinate Geometry by SL Loney : One of the best books for Coordinate Geometry, it has a good level of concepts and exercises for the complete syllabus of coordinate geometry.
- Plane Trigonometry by SL Loney : The book covers all the aspects of Plane Trigonometry, with clear explanation of fundamentals and a variety of questions. A must read book for mastering Trigonometry.
- Higher Albebra by Hall & Knight : All the concepts are explained logically with lot of solved and unsolved examples. It is very easy to understand because solutions are arranged in a point-wise manner.
- Differential & Integral Calculus by N.Piskunov : The book is very good for both Differential Calculus and Integral Calculus. This book includes various problems, with full explanations and illustrations. The questions are arranged in order of increasing difficulty, so that students can grasp them easily.
- Concept of Physics Vol 1 & 2 by H.C.Verma : This book is a gem for IIT JEE and AIEEE aspirants who have completed 10th standard. The concepts are given in a concise and in a format to make it very easy to grasp. A must read for understanding theory as well as practicing questions.
- Understand Physics by DC Pandey : A very good collection of books for practicing questions. A lot of variety of questions are provided which help you understand the topics in detail. Use these books mainly for problem solving.
- Fundamental of Physics by Halliday,Resnick & Walker : Chapters like Electro Magnetism, Rotation, and Wave Optics have been covered very well in this book. It contains descriptions of physical principles, which are well supported by mathematical derivations of the equation, description of laboratory experiments, historical backgrounds, etc. followed by reliable, solved examples.
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov : One of the best books for solving Physics numerical. This book should only be used when you have mastered the basic Physics concepts. The book includes very tough problems and is very time consuming. Aspirants are advised to read this book only in their free time.
*Note: The books by foreign authors are not written for JEE, so students are advised to go through Syllabus before reading these books.