Want to know about the Best Robotic Kits for Engineering Students?
In this article, you can find out the Best Robotic Kits for Engineering Students.
Before learning about the various robotic kits, let us see what is robotics and how is it useful for Engineering students.
“IMAGINE- INVENT -INSPIRE”
Before learning about the various robotic kits, let us see what is robotics and how is it useful for Engineering students.The field of robotics has greatly advanced with several new general technological accomplishments. One is the rise of big data. It offers more opportunity to build programming capability into robotic systems.
It is also used to develop new kinds of sensors and connected devices to monitor environmental aspects like temperature, air pressure, light, motion and more.
The field of robotics also intersects with issues around artificial intelligence. Since robots are physically discrete machines, they tend to have their own intelligence.
This idea of Robotics has generated new debates and discussions over traditional science fiction theories, such as Asimov’s three laws of robotics, which address the interaction of humans with robots in some mechanized future.
As an Engineering student, you must be very much passionate about Technology and stuff. Seeing this which works on their own or which works to make human life easy creates an interest in you. Did you ever see a robot in life? Have you ever thought of its working mechanism? Did you ever think of making your own robot? If yes, then this article is for you.
Best Robotic Kits for Engineering students :
Here are some good programmable robot kits that are for Engineering students:
In today’s world, technology has gone into the next level and keep progressing in a very short span of time. Technology helps our work easier, faster and sufficient. When it comes to age, technology has no age limit and category to choose from. Technology can be used by kids, teenagers, moms, dads, students, workers, adults or more to say, it is available for everyone.
When you were watching movies related to Robots,you may find it astonishing. A thing that moves and has its purpose at the same time is surely fascinating.
An Arduino consists of some physical programmable circuit board. It is used to design and manufacture various micro controllers and interactive objects.
It comes with numerous project ideas that you can easily replicate, and a powerful robotics platform that you can program to perform all sorts of tasks. So if you are a fan or robot, it is never too late for you with these “Top 10 Robot Kits for Students” that even beginners and experts can learn the electronics and work on it.
- Makeblock Ultimate
The name speaks for itself because it is the Ultimate Robot Kit that has everything you need to construct a robot and you can build numerous robots with this Kit. If students are not good in soldering, it is highly recommended for them since it is easy wiring and no soldering required. It also has a Bluetooth connection that lets you control the robot with your smart phone or tablet. It is recommended for beginners and experts because of the Smart Device App Control (Free of Coding), Scratch Programming (Graphical programming tool ) and its Arduino Programming.
There is a step-by-step tutorial on building robots and project using the Makeblock which helps you to build your own projects.
Bioloid STEM Standard Kit
The Bioloid STEM is a kit that has 7 example robots and 21 weeks’ educational material. It is recommended since the STEM standard teaches from basic to advance levels on the electronic, mechanical and programming principles of the robot.
- By using Bioloid, centrifugal force, centripetal force, sound, differential gear, steering mechanisms, and other more principles are discussed. This kit is not just recommended for students since it has a complete training program that will help you if you are just starting into robotics.
Alum Alloy Hexapod Spider for Arduino Six 3DOF Legs Robot Frame Kit Matt Spray
- Hexapod Spider robot is common for Arduino but what makes it different from the Arduino is that it is natural looking and has more articulate legs and body design that just looks like a spider. Since it can also move in all direction because of its DOF Leg (Degree of Freedom Leg). It comes from two different colors black, and grey-silver. You only need batteries to power it up and you could easily start making your very first robot project by purchasing this.
Sun Founder Crawling Quadruped Robot DIY Kit for Arduino Part with Nano Board Remote Control
This Crawling Quadruped Robot kit for Arduino includes all the equipments you need to build a crawling quadruped robot . You can control it with a wireless remote control. 18650 rechargeable lithium battery is all you need to power it, it’s a four-leg mobile robot and each leg has three joints driven by a servo. By using the remote controller included in the kit, you can easily observe and control the robot remotely with the simple steps provided to the robot which helps it to move forward, backward, left, and right, dance or other more movements.
- The kit uses the Sun-Founder Nano board to control all it’s movements. A Sun-Founder Servo Control Board comprises of battery, servo, Nano board, and nRF24l01 wireless module together. This kit is equipped with a Sun-Founder Mobile Robot Remote Controller so that you can operate and control the robot remotely. It is recommended for the simple type of projects.
Official Arduino Robot Kit
The list will not be completed without the Official Arduino Robot Kit. It is used without soldering required.
- It easy to use, just click on the included color LCD screen, load up the Arduino IDE, plug-in the USB cable.
- The kit is ready to load any one of the included example programs. The robot comes with a number of integrated inputs; 2 potentiometers , 5 buttons, a digital compass, five-types of floor sensors, and an SD card reader.
- It also has a speaker, various motors, and a color screen as outputs.
- Also plenty of prototyping space connectors for expansion also it includes 4 rechargeable AA batteries and a charger.
Robot-Geek Snapper Core Arduino Robot Arm
This is perfect for everyone who is just starting with the field of robotics.
- The Robot-Geek Snapper Core Arduino Robot Arm set includes 120 mm Slewing Bearing.
- Robot-Geek 180 degree servo, a FS90 Micro Servo (for the gripper), and all the necessary brackets.
- Body parts, nuts, bolts, wires for the robot arm.
- The advantages with this are that it can be modified and be upgraded for your projects.
- It can be easily removed and mounted onto other Robot-Geek plates since it is built-in 1 cm grid pattern. The kit does not consist of any Arduino board or controls and must be bought separately.
DFRobotShop Rover V2 – Arduino Compatible trackers Robot
The DFRobotShop Rover V2 – Arduino Compatible Tracked Robot (XBee Kit) is a versatile, programmable robot tank kit.
- This Rover uses the Tamiya twin-motor gearbox and the Tamiya track and wheel set. This is based on ATMEGA328 surface mount chip (Uno design) and various H Bridges. Similarly, has also a solder prototyping area and an easy connection to DFRRobot Bluetooth.
- Above all an effect of 6x Blue LEDs around its board and 4x LEDs to indicate motor direction. This snapper also includes 2x XBee transceiver modules and XBee-USB but XBee headers.
Zumo Robot Kit V 1.2
The Zumo robot for Arduino is an Arduino-controllable tracked robot platform that includes two micro metal gear motors.
- It is coupled with a pair of silicone tracks, a stainless steel bulldozer-style blade.
- An array of 6 infrared reflectance sensors for edge detection.
- A buzzer is used for simple sounds and music, a three-axis accelerometer, magnetometer, and gyro for detecting impacts and tracking orientation. This kit contains almost all the parts you need to build an Arduino-controlled Zumo robot. It consists of a Zumo type of shield for Arduino, v1.2, a Zumo chassis kit, and a Zumo blade. However, it also needs a pair of micro metal gearmotors, four AA batteries, and Arduino to complete your Zumo robot.
- Motors, batteries, and Arduino are not included in the kit and they are to be purchased seperately.
SainSmart Mega 2560 4WD Mobile Car Robot Kit for Arduino
This kit enables the user to easily learn the basics of robotics and applications of the Arduino and even more. SainSmart MEGA 2560 Board that helps you to develop a microcontroller.
- It connected to a computer with a USB cable or power it with an AC-to-DC adapter or battery.
Robotic Shield with Arduino
This Robotics Shield Kit is recommendable to students because it is beginner friendly and no programming experience needed.
- Certainly, students may use it because of its online tutorial that includes 40 activities. The newest feature is the Arduino Uno and a programming cable that helps you to make better projects.
- These are about the Best Robotic Kits for Engineering SStudents.
- This was an article about the best robotics kit for engineering student. Thank you for reading.