What are top 3 skills for Civil engineering?
Thanks for A2A.
For a civil engineer to be successful in life, you need to have these skills.
You need to:
- Be technically competent : Go through text books written by different authors. ASCE Journals,Nptel videos and other videos from YouTube which are related to the subject can help.
- Know the software. (AutoCAD, Staad Pro, Revit, MSP etc)
- Have practical knowledge . (Pure technical knowledge isn’t sufficient)
- Do internship in engineering(Not for the sake of grades)
- Don’t procrastinate things . Not even simple things which takes minutes to complete.
- Learn to prioritize things . Know where to start, which work to complete first. Complete all works with perfection within the stipulated time.
- Learn to Multi-task.
- Know how to study people, their attitude , their presence of mind, decision making skills, problem solving skills and their managerial skills.
- Work on your communication skills.
- Know what to do, when to do, how to do . (This comes with experience)
If you wish to know about anything in detail, don’t hesitate to comment below. I would be happy to help