The counselling of JEE Advanced 2017 will start from June 15 to July 19. JEE Advanced 2017 counselling will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in 7 rounds. In order to participate in the counselling of JEE Advanced, all the qualified candidates have to register online through their JEE Advanced roll number and password. After successfully applying for JEE Advanced counselling, candidates have to fill in their choices of colleges and branches for admission. Eligible candidates will be called for JEE Advanced 2017 counselling as per the ranks secured by them in the entrance exam. After the completion of all the formalities, candidates can check the seats allotted to them online through the candidate login.
Applicants have to book the allocated seat and pay the requisite fee amount. To confirm the allocated seats, candidates have to report to the allotted college and submit their documents for verification within the specified period of time. Through JEE Advanced counselling 2017, the 23 IITs including ISM Dhanbad will fill approximately 11,000 B.E/B.Tech seats. The link to apply for JEE Advanced counselling will be provided here as and when it gets activated. Interested candidates may go through the article given below for more information on JEE Advanced 2017 counselling.
JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling Criteria
The candidates must check the major eligibility criteria before appearing for JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling Session, given below.
- In order to participate in the counselling session, candidates must appear and qualify the JEE Main 2017entrance examination. Only top 2,20,000 examines will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
- The candidates must obtain 75% aggregate marks in Class XII or equivalent board examination.
- The name of the candidate must be listed within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class XII or equivalent examination.
The counselling procedure of JEE Advanced 2017 will be done online. Only at the end, candidates will have to report to the allocated Institutes for the registration in allotted course. The procedure of Online Counselling is given below.
- The candidates can use the link provided here to register for Counselling for JEE Advanced 2017. (The link will be provided here later.)
- Candidates have to register their JEE Advanced Roll Number (It will be mentioned in JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card.)
- Also the JEE Advanced Registration Number, Date of Birth (as in Admit Card), Password (8 to 15 characters).
- After filling all the necessary details, click on the ‘Confirm Password’ button.
Note: The candidates must note down the Registration Number (User ID) and Password generated by the system for future references.
Stage 2-Choice Filling
- For filling the choices, candidates must log in their User ID, Password and JEE Advanced 2017 Roll Number allotted to them during registration.
- Candidates will have to fill the choice of courses and branches as per their preferences.
- Aspirants can change/modify/reorder/delete/add new choices before the final locking of the choices.
- They must lock their preferences before the last date. In case, candidates forgot to lock the choices, it will be locked automatically by default. (Candidates are advised to fill and lock as many choices as possible for programmes).
- Counselling and seat allotment will be held on aspirants JEE Advanced 2017 All India Rank.
Stage 3 Online Seat Allotment
- The candidates who would have registered themselves for the counselling session will be allotted seats.
- The JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling may get conducted in 6 rounds.
- In order to check their allotted seats, candidates need to login to with the help of JEE Advanced Roll Number, Registration Number and Password.
- At the end of every seat allotment process, candidates will be required to check the Seat Allotment Result. Candidates must be careful as the seat allocation may change due to up gradation.
- The soft copy of the category certificates will be required by the SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates to get verified, which they would have uploaded at the time of registration. If in case, the certificate will be found unacceptable, the candidate will be considered as GE category, only if his/her score in JEE Main 2017 Paper-I is above the required cutoff.
- If the candidate is satisfied with seats allotted to them, they must freeze/book the allocated seats by paying the required fee online.
- To claim for their allotted seat and to book it for the academic year, the candidates must report to the allotted college for document verification and other formalities.
JEE Advanced 2017 Counselling Document Verification
To confirm the allocated seat, candidates must report to the college with the following documents and an original copy also.
- JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment Letter
- JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card (Original)
- JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form (duly filled)
- Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Date of Birth- Class X/Birth Certificate or any other certificate as a proof of date of birth.
- Class XII or Equivalent Examination Mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Category Certificate (only for SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates) issued by the competent authority
- Page of the Passport containing Name, Photo and Nationality- For Foreign Nationals
JEE Advanced 2017 Dual Reporting
According to the terms and conditions of JoSAA, a one-time opportunity will be given for Registration, Online Choice Filling and Dual Reporting. Dual Reporting is a process of reporting twice, to switch from one institute to another. If the candidates have been allotted seat in NITs + System Changes and want to switch in IIT/ISM, candidates will use the Dual Report.
In an easy manner, a candidate is looking forward to confirming a seat in IITs/ISM instead of NITs+System Charges, they are required to report once again in the subsequent counselling rounds. The same procedure will be followed for the withdrawal of seats. The candidate wants to withdraw from the seat allocated in IITs/ISM, will have to report in the next counselling round for allocation of seats in NITs.