Guidelines to Candidates
1. Please check the Admit Card carefully for your Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. In case of any discrepancy, communicate to JEE (Main) Secretariat immediately for necessary action.
2. The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
3. The examination rooms/hall will be opened 2½ hours before the commencement of the test. Since the Candidates will be frisked by metal detector so they should report at 7.00 a.m. at examination centre to avoid rush at the time of frisking. The candidates should take their seats in the examination hall immediately after frisking. If the candidates do not report in time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be announced in the Examination Hall.
4. The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card for admission in the examination room/hall. A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card issued by the Board shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
5. For Aptitude Test in Architecture, candidates are advised to bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
6. Candidates are advised to bring with them a cardboard or a clip board on which nothing should be written, so that they have no difficulty in filling responses in the Answer Sheet even if the tables provided in the examination room/hall do have smooth surface.
7. The candidates claiming the relaxation under PwD category must carry with them the copy PwD certificate in the prescribed format (Appendix 9) issued by the Competent Authority.
8. No candidate, under any circumstances, will be allowed to enter the Examination Centre after the commencement of the examination.
9. A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidate should find out and occupy their allotted seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room or the seat on his/her November 10, 2016 Page 20 of 52 own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
10. Ten minutes before the commencement of the paper, each candidate will be given sealed Test Booklet with an Answer Sheet placed inside it.
11. Immediately on receipt of the Test Booklet the candidate will fill in the required particulars on the cover page of the Test Booklet with Ball Point Pen only. He/She will not open the Test Booklet until asked to do so by the Invigilator. Do not open/break the seal before the announcement.
12. No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent/Invigilators.
13. No Candidate will be allowed to carry any baggage inside the Examination Centre. JEE Apex Board will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
14. Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card, identity proof, document as required under point no. 7 inside the Examination Room/Hall. If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfairmeans and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarredfor future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
15. Smoking and eating is strictly prohibited in the examination room.
16. Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed to be taken into the examination rooms during examination hours.
17. No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper. Candidates should not leave the room/hall without handing over their Answer Sheets to the Invigilators on duty.
Instructions for Pen and Paper Based Examination
1. Five minutes before the commencement of the paper the candidate will be asked to break/open the seal of the Test Booklet. He/She will take out the Answer Sheet carefully. The candidate should check carefully that the Test Booklet Code printed on Side-2 of the Answer Sheet is the same as printed on the Test Booklet. In case of discrepancy, the candidate should immediately report the matter to the Invigilator for replacement of both the Test Booklet and the Answer Sheet.
2. Candidate will then write particulars with Blue/Black ball point pen only on both the sides of the Answer Sheet. Use of pencil is strictly prohibited. If one uses the pencil, his/her answer sheet will be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. After completing this step, the candidates will wait for the instruction by the invigilator.
3. The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
4. The test will be of 3 hrs duration
5. The test paper will be consisting questions of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and all questions will have equal weightage.
6. There will be three parts in the question paper consisting of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having equal weightage.
7. Each question is allotted 4 (four) marks for the correct response. ¼ (one fourth) marks i.e. one mark will be deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question. No deduction from the total score will be made if no response is indicated for a question.
8. There is only one correct response for each question out of four responses given. In case, the candidate darkens more than one response for a question, one mark will be deducted.