National Institutional Ranking Framework or NIRF India Rankings 2019 has been announced. President Ramnath Kovind announced the NIRF Rankings for Indian educational institutes at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi today. IIT Madras topped the Overall category and IISc Bangalore is placed as the top institute in Universities category. In Universities category IISc Bangalore and JNU New Delhi are placed in top two positions respectively. In its fourth year of Rankings, the NIRF 2019 has been released in 9 categories – Overall, Universities, Engineering, Colleges, Management, Pharmacy, Medical, Architecture, and Law. The parameters on which the NIRF 2019 are based are – Teaching, Learning and Resources, Research and Professional Practices, Graduation Outcomes, Outreach and Inclusivity, and Perception. According to officials more than 4000 institutes had submitted their data for NIRF ranking this year.
Here are the top 10 engineering institutes in India:
Rank 1: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
Rank 2: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
Rank 3: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
Rank 4: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
Rank 5: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
Rank 6: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
Rank 7: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
Rank 8: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad
Rank 9: Anna University, Chennai
Rank 10: National Institute of Technology, Thiruchirappalli
Here are top 10 Indian universities according to NIRF 2019:
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Jawaharhal Nehru University, Delhi
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
Calcutta University, Kolkata
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Anna University, Chennai
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
10. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
NIRF Rankings 2019: Ranking as per different categories
- Overall category: IIT Madras tops the list of best institutes in the Overall category.
- Law category: National Law School of India University, Bengaluru and National University, New Delhi are ranked top.
- Architecture category: IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee have secured the first two positions respectively.
- Indian medical institutes: AIIMS New Delhi and PGIMER Chandigarh have secured first two ranks.
- Colleges category: Miranda House and Hindu College are ranked first and second.
- Pharmacy category: Jamia Hamdard has secured the first rank in Indian institute followed by Panjab University.
- Indian Management institutes: IIM Bangalore and IIM Ahmedabad are placed as first and second.
- Indian Engineering institutes: IIT Madras and IIT Delhi are placed at the top.
- Universities category: IISc Bangalore has topped the category followed by JNU, New Delhi.
As per the reports, the trophy which will be awarded to the top institute has been designed by KN Viswatej of IIT Hyderabad.