Anybody who has an even slightest relationship with IT area has heard about tricky interview questions from such gigantic corporations as Google, Amazon, Facebook. Some of those questions sound quiet weird, crazy and look unsolvable from a first side. However the main purpose of answering those question is not to check your IQ, but more look onto your ability to think out of the box, build a logical chain of the events which seemingly has no connection and giving answer which might look weird, but be logically correct. Tricky riddles are the order of the day.
Whether it sounds too predictive or previously heard, but your brain as much as your muscles need some training to stay fit and in tone. In this article, we have collected the most tricky, most interesting riddles which will help you to stay smart as long as it possible.
Tricky riddles with a twisted question might look weird or wrong from the first sight, but, if you look closer and think harder about the answer it will look quite logical. Such riddles not only improve imagination but teach you to think out of comfort zone.
- Some simple ones for warm up
- The same person comes to the football match every time. He always guesses the score before the start of the match. How he does that?
And here is an explanation: think about it, what score is before every match beginning? It does not matter, what kind of game it is: football, baseball or peacock fights. Score always be the same, but only at the beginning of the match. And you will be able to guess the score only at the beginning of the match while being a normal person with no psychic abilities or corrupted judges or players. So, have you this?
Okay here is the answer. Before the start of any kind of game the score is … 0:0, so it is not hard to guess it, right.
- One French writer terribly disliked the Eiffel Tower, but he constantly dined there (on the first level of the tower). How did he explain this?
This is the only place in all of huge Paris where it is not visible.
- Seven sisters are in the country, where each is engaged in some business. The first sister reads a book, the second prepares food, the third plays chess, the fourth solves sudoku, the fifth does laundry, the sixth takes care of plants. And what does the seventh sister do?
Well, that’s obvious, it is much more fun to play chess with someone, so the third follows this recommendation and plays with the seventh.
2. Have you warmed up already? Here come more tricky ones.
- Mr. Mark was found murdered in his office. The cause was a bullet wound to the head. Detective Robin, examining the scene of the murder, found a tape recorder on the table. And when he turned it on, he heard the voice of Mr. Mark. He said: “Mark says. Jones just called me and said that in ten minutes he would be here to shoot me. Run is useless. I know this record will help the police arrest Jones. I hear his footsteps on the stairs. Here the door opens … “. Assistant detective offered to arrest Jones on suspicion of murder. But the detective did not follow the advice of his assistant. As it turned out, he was right. The killer was not Jones, as was said on the film. Question: Why did the detective have suspicions?
The tape in the recorder was rewound to the beginning. Moreover, Jones would take the tape.
- Sherlock Holmes was walking down the street. And suddenly he saw a dead woman lying on the ground. He approached, opened her bag and took out the phone. In telephone the book he found her husband’s number. He called. He speaks:
– Come here urgently. Your wife is dead. And after a while, my husband arrives. He looks at his wife and says:
– Oh, honey, what happened to you ???
And then the police arrive. Sherlock points his finger at the woman’s husband and says:
– Arrest this man. It was he who killed her. Question: Why did Sherlock think so?
Because Sherlock did not tell her husband the address
- Lived husband and wife. The husband in the house had his own room, in which he forbade his wife to enter. The key to the room lay in the bedroom dresser. So they lived 10 years. And now the husband went on a business trip, and his wife decided to go into this room. She took the key, opened the room, turned on the light. My wife walked around the room, then saw a book on the table. She opened it and heard someone open the door. She closed the book, turned off the light and closed the room, put the key in the dresser. This is a husband. He took the key, opened the room, did something in it and asked his wife: “Why did you go in there?”
How did your husband guess?
The husband touched the light bulb, it was hot.
Finally the toughest ones for you, me and all who read this article. These riddles came from Google and Facebook
1. A Russian gangster kidnaps you. He puts two bullets in consecutive order in an empty six-round revolver, spins it, points it at your head and shoots. *click* You’re still alive. He then asks you, “do you want me to spin it again and fire or pull the trigger again right away?” For each option, what is the probability that you’ll be shot?
There are 4 ways to arrange the revolver with consecutive bullets so that the first shot is blank. These are the possible scenarios:
The other two scenarios would have meant you got shot on the first attempt. (BBxxxx) or (BxxxxB)
Now, look at the second slot in those 4 possible scenarios above. Your odds of getting shot are 1/4 or 25%. (Only #1 would get you shot)
But if you respin… there are 2 bullets remaining and 6 total slots. 2/6 or 33%.
2. Why are manhole covers round?
The answer is extremely simple: Manhole covers are round because it’s the only shape that cannot fall through itself. The cover can never accidentally fall down the hole.